The first complete Pagan guide to tying the knot
For Pagans who are getting married or handfasted and want to create their own meaningful ceremony, this book contains original, never before published rites from more than two dozen Pagan traditions. Plus it grades all rituals as to their level of non-Pagan acceptance. Assemble the wide variety of mix and match ritual segments into the perfect wedding.
Two of the most unique chapters are on nontraditionalists (handfasting rituals for gays, lesbians, transgendered couples, and polyamourous group marriages) and interfaith weddings (with sample ceremonies that honor both faiths).
- The only book to cover every aspect of staging a successful and meaningful handfasting ritual for any Pagan tradition.
- Helps you adapt your ceremony for non-Pagan friends and relatives.
- Provides more than thirty rituals from different traditions, as well as several chapters of mix and match vows, quarter castings, and roles for adults and children.
- Contains a section for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered couples of various stripes and polyamourous group marriages.
- Includes handparting rituals - for both partners or one, with and without children.
Raven Kaldera is a Pagan minister and a writer in other genres for over a decade.
Contrary to popular legend, Tannin was not born in a log cabin in Springfield Illinois. She did, however, spend her entire childhood living on the Jersey Shore. It is in this notably non-New Age environment that her interest in Pagan/Occult matters began. Over the past 15 years, she has dedicated a significant part of her life in pursuit of various spiritual arts privately and professionally. Tannin has studied diverse practices and paths such as Gi Gong, Shamanistic energy techniques, Gnostisism, Afro-Caribbean religions, and even a pinch of Ceremonial Magick. Before she opened Bones and Flowers in the of 1997, she served as "Madame Espiritual" to two different Worcester Botanicas, a spiritual counselor in a New Age shop, as well as making countless house calls. At present, the proprietor of Worcester's only occult specialty store is also a crafter in diverse media ,and a legally ordained minister.
Tannin Schwartzstein runs an occult shop and is a professional Witch for hire and an urban sorceress. Between her and Raven Kaldera they have handfasted more than 100 couples.